Tuesday, January 7, 2014

On the Horizon

Hi everyone, this blog is going to be a little different. Instead of telling you about an experience, I'd like to ask all of you for a bit of help.

As this is my last semester, I've been applying to universities and thinking a lot of about my future. I'm interested in studying International Relations, and hoping to work in a position that will allow me to make a difference in this world (yes, I understand that phrase is grossly overused, nonetheless, it describes my goal), be it policy-making, diplomacy, security, environmental work, government, NGOs, NPOs, international development, you name it. I've recently spoken with some acquaintances who've described their respective careers, very different but both totally plausible with my path as I currently envision it. Through these conversations I have come to realize just how important a summer internship would be- to gain experience and to learn what it really means to work in any of the aforementioned areas.

Here's where you all come in. Though I've been considering internships individually, UWC has taught me that connections can be quite beneficial. So I'm asking anyone who reads my blog for any ideas or suggestions or connections to any summer internships. Though I will only be a high school graduate, know that I will be committed and engaged in any opportunity I might find myself, that I will strive for success, learn quickly and eagerly, and dedicate myself wholeheartedly to any endeavor. I hope to find a position that will be both educational for me as well as a task through which I can feel mentally stimulated and challenged.

So if you're looking for some help this summer, or know of anyone who might be, or just have any suggestions, please comment below or email me (jnebrat95@gmail.com). Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment