Sunday, November 18, 2012

Class of 2015, We Want YOU!

     I hope that from all of my crazy anecdotes you have all gathered that I absolutely LOVE UWC and that this is one of the best experiences I have ever had or will ever have. And I want to share it. The Class of 2015 applications have just come out and I strongly, strongly encourage all of you to tell your children, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, friends, neighbors, classmates, coworker's friend's children's classmates, dogs, and anyone else you can possibly think of. (Actually though, sorry, we do not, yet, accept dogs. So don't tell your dogs, we don't want to hurt their feelings.) But seriously. Facebook, tweet, instagram, blog, email, text, call, message, pin, tumble, and any other form of social media you can use, use it- get the word out!

You can find information about UWC here:
http://www.uwc.org/

Info about UWC-USA here:
http://www.uwc-usa.org/

And the APPLICATION info here:
http://www.uwc.org/how_to_apply/default.aspx
and here:
http://www.uwc-usa.org/podium/default.aspx?t=204&nid=815611&bl=/default.aspx

And I would especially love to have a state-mate, language-mate, or country-mate so if you're from Kansas, speak Russian, or are from Ukraine, I'm talking to you! :)

Please apply, it can't hurt, and it really is such an incredible program! If you need any help or advice feel free to email or facebook me or just comment here. Best of luck!

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to apply since...June, I believe, and I finally turned in my application on the 9th, but I only found your blog today! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that if I get in you'll have a Kansan who speaks Russian and has Ukrainian roots as a firstie. My mom's from Ukraine and my dad's from Russia, but they moved to the US in 1991 and I was born here.

    I do have one question, and this is my biggest roadblock - my age. I'm a sophomore, and I know more juniors than sophomores get accepted, but my additional concern is that I'm a young sophomore. I skipped a grade, so I'd be 15 as a first year (which is *technically* outside the age range) and wouldn't even turn 18 at UWC. I'm completely used to being the youngest because I skipped a grade 7 years ago, but I'm concerned that UWC won't think so. I guess my question is this: do you know of any current younger students (I know one graduated in 2012, but I'm not sure about now)? If not, do you think I still have a chance of being accepted? I'm very very excited about UWC and I really want to get in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH I AM SO EXCITED. You're like my perfect firstie ;)
      Your age shouldn't be a problem. I definitely know of one of my co-years who came when she was 15 because some countries only send sophomores. Ages here range from 15-20. As far as the committee goes, I honestly can't tell you how they'll respond to your age. My suggestion would be to just be confident in yourself and show them that it is in no way an inhibition to you. And even if they end up choosing an older student this year, you could definitely apply again next year.
      I'd love to talk to you or give you any advice or help! Look me up on facebook and we can chat :)
      Good luck!!!

      Delete
    2. Well, all I have left is to wait until February 20th when I know about the interview! I'll definitely apply again if I don't get in. I don't think I have any other questions right now, but I'm going to add you on facebook so that I can ask later :) Thank you so much for offering advice!

      Delete