Friday, August 17, 2012

Bye, Bye, Bye

Today I was completely blindsided by something.
     Well, actually, two somethings. And the first one hit me like a ton of bricks. No, really. I ran into a brick wall, much to my friends' amusement. Turns out when you don't visit a place for a while, your old school for example, you start to forget where things are, important things even, like walls. Ouch.
     But wait. Why was I at my old school? Well, while writing that post yesterday, I had some time to really mull some things over. I decided UWC just wasn't for me, so I'm going to return to EHS and pick up right where I left off! So the purpose of this post is to say, as 'N Sync would put it, "bye, bye, bye" to this blog. Hope you guys enjoyed reading!
     Just kidding, you're not getting off so easily.
     I was at East to see everyone once more and say "see you later" (none of this "good-bye" nonsense, it's too sad). Which leads me to my second "blindsiding": I am really, really going to miss everyone. While I am super excited to begin this next chapter of my life, and I know that UWC will be an incredible experience, I still have to leave behind all of my friends.
     Over the past few years I've had the opportunity to spend time with and get to know some really wonderful people. I've been taught by outstanding teachers, a couple of which have been extremely influential in several of my adventures, and who have supported me throughout the entire UWC application and preparation experience. (You know who you are, thank you SO much!) And I've made friends who I hope will last me a lifetime. From riding the bus as little sixth graders, to a whole list of bio adventures, to all the laughs at pommies, to competing in Spanish, to joint sweet sixteens, to so many more.
     And I haven't even started on those outside of school. My church family especially is hard to leave. Through the church I have met some of the most awesome people and best friends you can imagine. Seriously. I cannot say thank you enough to my priests, my youth director, and everyone else who has helped teach and guide me over the past seventeen years.
     To all of you- you guys have been great and I want to thank you for not only the laughs and memories along the way, but also for helping make me who I am today. I'll be a little farther away now, but that doesn't mean we can't still stay in touch; thank goodness for all of the technology to which we have access- phones, texting, skype! We can even send letters, because who doesn't love receiving mail? I look forward to sharing this adventure with you, and maybe even getting closer because of it.
     So, it's not "good-bye". Just "see you later". I'll miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment